Saturday, July 13, 2019

July 13



"So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while…” (1 Peter 1:6)

In the English Living Bible this verse has been formulated in such a way that it has often served as inspiration and encouragement to me. It reads: ’There is wonderful joy ahead, evenif the going is rough down here.’ As I reflect on it I think, OK, it may be tough going just now, and things are a bit topsy, but it’s at best momentary – soon, just ahead, joy awaits! The hope that circumstances will improve helps us time and again to struggle through that which just now feels such a burden.


Prayer
Jesus, help me in stillness to wait for those difficulties You allow into my life to pass: that I shall enter calmer waters and once again experience joy in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment