Saturday, July 27, 2019

July 27



”…mighty are those who obey his command… ” (Joel 2:11b NIV)

You’ve seen it – and I’ve seen it. A sprightly little lady stretches her hand up in the air and she stops, with this simple little gesture, all traffic – hundreds of automobiles. She has power over bulky, powerful truck drivers driving massive 18 wheelers. She has power over the capitalistic yuppies ’posing’ in their ”beamers”. She has power over the professional chauffer who presumably has spent hundreds more hours on the road than she has. When her hand stretches high, all stop obediently. What’s the secret? Yes, you have surely worked it out. It’s a policewoman I’m speaking about.
Even though she couldn’t in her own strength stop a bicycle, she is able in her capacity as police exact enormous power. Behind her little hand lies namely all the authority of the country’s traffic legislature and the entire workings of the court tribunal.
In God’s Kingdom we can count on God standing behind His Word. He gives His authority to weak people who in themselves come with little strength. But in His might we can do great things.


Prayer
Jesus, thank You that I can count on Your mighty power in all that occurs. Even if I don’t accomplish much on my own, I can do great things when You are with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment