Saturday, August 17, 2019

August 17



”Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:34 NIV)

My father often drove an automobile in his work. He traveled throughout the country of Sweden to conduct meetings, to show Christian movies and to raise money for Christian social work. Sometimes we children were allowed to accompany him. Then the whole family would sit in the car many hours. I often sat on my mother’s knee in the backseat. And we sang. Mostly it was father who sang. He had a few favorites. The songs couldn’t be found in any top ten lists and they weren’t particularly suitable for children. But it was fun to sing and the words stuck in my mind, - for all times:
Don’t mourn for days to come
Depart from the bygone times
Place yourself and your all in the Master’s hand.
He gives your heart peace."

Prayer
Thank You God for what has been and thank You for what lies ahead. Thank You that You who was and is and is to come is with me every second of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment