Friday, August 2, 2019

August 2



”…you surround them with your favor as with a shield.” (Psalm 5:12 NIV)

In museums one can sometimes see old suits of armor. I have often wondered how the poor knights were able to move under the heavy metal encasement. Concurrently I’ve understood the protection the armor must have provided them. They were surrounded on all sides by an impenetrable shield.
That’s how it is with God’s grace. Grace is sufficient for the worst offense. If we confess our sins no accusation, from others or ourselves can penetrate the shield of Grace.

Prayer
Lord, thank You that I can live in Your grace today. Thank You that there is grace for all. Thank You for the truthfulness of the words in the song;

 Grace there is my every debt to pay,
Blood to wash my every sin away.
Power to keep me spotless day by day,
For me, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment