Sunday, August 4, 2019

August 4



”This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength” (Isaiah 30:15 NIV)

On my first sewing machine there was a function to be used when one wanted to sew extra strong seams. The function was called reinforced straight seam. When one used it, not only did the machine sew in a straight line, but it took two steps forward and one step backward. It took a little bit longer than simply sewing straight ahead – but the result was strong!
If we want to gain Spiritual strength, again it won’t be through rocket speed. In God’s Kingdom it often deals with reversed principles. The Lord says: Turn around and be still – Do the exact opposite.
It’s not through rushing ahead that we can become strong. Spiritual strength is gained through stillness and confidence, or as it says in another translation: through stillness and confidence you shall be strong.

Prayer
Today I pray Lord, for help in maintaining my inner peace in order that I am not pulled into the chase and stress surrounding me. Remind me that it’s in the inner stillness, in Your presence, that I find strength for today’s assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment