Monday, September 2, 2019

September 2



”We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away” (Hebrews 2:1 NIV)

”What thwarts your congregation from growing? Is there someone there that the Lord wants you to demonstrate love to, through unique thoughtful act?” That’s what the preacher said. Immediately I knew not only to whom my hand of kindness ought to reaching out, but also what I ought to do. I was to purchase a small bunch of flowers, write an accompanying card with words of friendship, and give it to a young couple.
I followed the Lord’s leading and it became the introduction to a long friendship and led in turn to two young people who today are enthusiastic coworkers in God’s Kingdom.
To listen and obey are two important ingredients in faith. Sheep hear the shepherd’s voice, and they follow the voice, because otherwise they would get lost.

Prayer
Lord, help me to recognize Your voice when You speak to me today. And, help me do that which You ask of me. Thank You for allowing me to be Your co-worker!

No comments:

Post a Comment