Thursday, September 26, 2019

September 26



”Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.” (Joshua 21:45 NIV)

There are certain tasks in the home that demand muscle power to complete. There are, for example, the twist-on lids on jars that I with my female muscles, can’t open no matter how hard I try. At such times it’s a privilege to have access to a strong man. I carry the jar to him and say – open! Snap and the lid is off. I expected nothing else as my experience told me that’s how it would be.
Someone has said: Faith is a mind-set that expects that God will act. To live in faith is to live in a constant wait that God will act, to say: ’God this is much too immense and difficult for me, and now I wait for You to take hold.'
The Israelites experienced God’s immense power many times. Especially in Joshua’s book God’s people made steady advances. They experienced that what God had promised He would also act on. Today’s Bible verse is encouragement for our faith even today. When it’s written that everyone was fulfilled and that not one of the promises failed, we ought to remember that God has not changed. As He was and acted for the Israelites He wants to be and do the same for us.

Prayer
Jesus help me to live in constant anticipation that You will take hold. Thank You for the joy and assurance that is mine when I live in such anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment