Monday, September 9, 2019

September 9



”Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
(Philippians 4:6 NIV)

When I am tempted to think that it is not worth praying, I must remember that even if my prayer isn’t rewarded as I had wished, perhaps it thwarts something worse from happening. I often think of prayer as a sort of tug-of-war. My prayer perhaps doesn’t cause the ‘marker’ to immediately move in the direction I want, but my prayer provides enough pull to keep the ‘marker’ so it isn’t moved in the opposite direction.
Today’s Bible verse encourages us to let God know all our wants. The Word does not promise that we will have all our wants fulfilled but rather, the Word promises that we shall have peace and I know nothing more important than to have peace in one’s inner being.

Prayer
Thank You Lord for being interested in all that happens in my life. Thank You for allowing me to tell You what needs I have, both as it concerns myself and those who are close to me. And thank You for giving me peace in my inner being when I have prayed, because I know that You know what is best for me and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment