Saturday, October 12, 2019

October 12



"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. " (Isaiah 46:4 NIV)

Many people may never learn to float in water. They're way too tense and anxious, and dare not surrender to the water’s capability to ’lift’ and carry them. And unfortunately, it seems that the water carries us only when we dare to relax and rely on its ability to keep us afloat. It is only when we dare ’surrender’ to the water, when we unreservedly dare to rest in its bosom, that we can float.
The person who takes to heart the promise of today's scripture into the new day can be truly secure. God promises to lead us through life and when we dare to rest in that promise, we can have inner peace no matter what we face.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for creating me and for promising to carry me throughout life; do so even this day. Each hour, each moment I will recall Your promise to me just this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment