Saturday, October 5, 2019

October 5



"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.” (Proverbs 11:25 NIV)

In the Norwegian Bible this verse reads as follows: ‘Those who spread blessings are themselves blessed´. To spread something, is to generously, without counting the cost, pour it out.
When I plant, I am careful where I sow the seeds or plantings, and expect them to provide flowering and fruit in just those places. But when I fertilize the lawn, I spread it out everywhere, here and there. I think that is how we ought to perceive and interpret today's scripture. We are to spread the blessing, the very best spiritual nutrition, around us.
I wrote a song, long ago, about today's scripture with the words:

Oh the wonders that take place,
When you open your heart and give.
His gifts to you include His Grace,
Step out, share it and Live.

They who blessings spread will know,
His love returns unmeasured.
 As we from His love bestow,
He gifts us from His treasure.

Prayer
Lord, help me today to spread the blessings around me. Help me to do so without counting the cost. Help me above all to spread the joy, encouragement and love to all whom my path may cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment