Wednesday, November 20, 2019

November 20



"I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place." (Psalm 31:7-8 NIV)

Distress and anxiety can also reach into in a Christian's life, but deep down, there is still a certainty that God takes care of me and that he wants to recreate a living space and set my feet firmly in an expansive place. A Christian woman in her fifties, who ended up in depression wrote:

Silence - meaninglessness - hopelessness - old - unwanted – cast-aside, - cannot find new work - cannot get an education. What do I do? - Too late! Pull yourself together! – Too weak, Provisions of love - not sufficient. The road back is closed. The road ahead is closed. Only the present in worthlessness is available. I lack the strength to act and do not see the need around me; I cannot do anything about it. I do not see others doing anything; I do not force myself. It's raining. Headache. I'm out of work! Nobody needs me. I would not be needed. An idea springs to life and shortly afterwards, I know - it makes no sense! Want to go into something new, but am bound by my own unwillingness, by the ambient unwillingness, of weakness, of age and gender. The floral buds that were about to bloom never flowered - Same here! - "But you heard my prayers sound when I cried unto thee" (Psalm 31:23)

If you feel like this woman today, you should know that it is not hopeless. If you read the entirety of Psalm 31 and make the words your own. The Lord will set your feet in a spacious place. He hears your prayer’s longing when you cry out to Him.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for knowing us all by name. You know about our struggle and You share in the fight with us. Thank You for allowing me to leave my tired mind and will in Your merciful hands right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment