Friday, January 18, 2019

January 18



“This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24)

In the kitchen in our home we have always had a wooden plate with the text from today’s Bible verse. Most days I do not see that plate at all. It just hangs there on the wall simply calling out its reminder that every day is a gift from God.

Some days it reminds me that “today” is a day when I can chose to be happy and grateful for all the good things God has given me in life.

Other days, such as the day when a close friend suddenly was snatched from life, the message of the wall plate takes on a deeper meaning. I realize that it is not simply matter of course that I should live today. The words from the psalm become clear and significant: “Each day is a unique gift” - with emphasis on unique, which means something distinctive, something special and rare.



Prayer
Lord, thank you for this particular day! Help me to manage every hour and every moment in a way that pleases You, because then I know that it will also be the very best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment