Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January 29



”The sum of your word is truth…” (Psalm 119:160)

Some time ago we visited Moscow and we took part in a short sightseeing tour in the city. We came to a stand where I bought one of the famous Russian nesting dolls. These dolls are beautifully painted and you can take them apart. Inside the doll is a smaller doll exactly like the outer one. Inside this doll there is still another doll and so on. I think there are seven dolls in all in my doll, and the innermost doll is a gorgeous little creation of pure wood.
As I look at my Russian doll I think of the Bible, the Word of God. I have found that it is like a Russian doll. When I read a particular verse it can speak to me in a special way. Next time I read the verse I may discover new depths in the verse, which I did not notice before. That’s how the Bible is. There are always new depths to discover, new dolls inside the ones we already have seen. And in the innermost – where no man yet have been is Truth – the profound and pure.




Prayer
Lord, I thank you that there are always new depths to discover. Help me to act according to the understanding of the Word that I have today, but help me also to expect that You will reveal something new for me in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment