Tuesday, January 8, 2019

January 8



“Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.” (Romans 10:17 NIV)

Some people say: “I cannot believe”. Perhaps this is not so surprising. The Bible states that faith is built upon hearing the Word of God. If one never comes within reach of the Word of God, faith can never grow. It is not until one opens up for the truths and for the promises in the Bible that faith comes.
Likewise, some people say: “I don’t feel saved”. Well, salvation is not a feeling. Salvation is a reality based on what God Himself says in his Word, the Bible.
Sometimes we use the image of a train to illustrate how feelings and faith are connected with the Bible. First comes the locomotive, the engine, which symbolizes the Word of God. Only the engine can pull the train forward. Then follows the tender. It is faith, which is ‘coupled’ to the Word of God. Finally comes the carriage, which represents feelings. It is simply following along; one’s faith is coupled to the Word of God.



Prayer:
Jesus, I want to grow in faith in You. Hence I will read the Bible on my own as well as listen when others teach the Word. Open my heart so I can receive what You want to tell me and believe it from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment