Thursday, March 14, 2019

March 14



“We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.” (2 Corinthians 5:20 NIV)


I was leafing through a small booklet dating back to the 1950s with entitled:” Instructions for Mail Carrier Students and Postal Worker Assistants“. On page one it states that whosoever intends to be engaged in either function must complete and sign an agreement, to complete all duties in accordance with instructions. Then follows rules pertaining to personal behavior, dress code, and instructions and hints regarding a number of other areas of responsibilities.
 Under the heading, ”mail delivery” it reads among other things, ”Mail delivery persons… shall exert every effort to effect the earliest possible mail delivery to the addressee… it is strictly forbidden that on one’s own merit to delay delivery of the mail to the next scheduled route.” And in another place it states: ”Detouring from the mandated delivery routine is permitted only subsequent to the expressed direction of the foreman”.
The little pamphlet reminds me that I, just like Paul, am a messenger for Christ. I have a message to be carried to the different addressees in ”my world”. The Lord has written ”letters” – different greetings to these persons. And, He awaits that I will carry these to the right person and at the right time. If I don’t carry out my assignment in a responsible manner these messages will never reach the addressee.

Prayer
Lord, help me to perform my service as a messenger for You in a responsible manner today. Help me to speedily complete those duties You assign to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment