Monday, March 18, 2019

March 18



” I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.” (Psalm 32:8)

When we had teenage children in our home we sometimes had very lively discussions around the dinner table. Rarely were the teens in agreement with the adults about anything. Surprisingly though, sometimes I would overhear my own arguments echoed in the young people’s discussions, when the same themes were discussed by them. The lively dinner table discussions had helped the youth to formulate substantive arguments, enough to take a stand on issues.
The theme of the meditations these last three days has been that God is my Father and I am His child. As a child I have access to the Father’s teaching. Even if I don’t comprehend all He wants to teach me, and though I might protest against what He seeks to teach me, my bond with Him results in my having a solid foundation on which to stand. As ”father” God wants to lead me on the right path. He wants me to understand. And He watches over me because I am His child.


Prayer
Lord, thank you for constantly teaching me. Give me a searching heart. Help me to hear your advice. Thank you for following me with your searching look when it feels as though all others have forgotten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment