Tuesday, March 26, 2019

March 26



”… everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled.” (Luke 18:31)

Jesus often referred to Himself as the ”Son of Man”. David Hedegard writes that the Jewish meditation literature presents the ”Son of Man” as a heavenly creation who will come one day in the latter days to stand in judgment. He was the bearer of the highest holy Name and He was present from the beginning. When Jesus spoke about Himself as the ”Son of Man” He claimed not only that He was a man but that He was also the Almighty and had Godly powers. However, Jesus also spoke about the Son of Man’s humiliation and that He came into the world to be persecuted and killed. Through giving of Himself in death He offers salvation to the entire human race.
Jesus is the only way to the Father (John 12:45). To partake in Jesus’ offer of salvation, I must overcome my pride. I must humble myself and just receive. But there is no pride in Jesus challenging me to dare come. He wants me to come and receive. The fact that He is ”The Way” to the Father is simply the plan that God designed.

Prayer
Jesus thank You that You as properly man and properly God gave Yourself in humility so that I might be saved

No comments:

Post a Comment