Friday, April 19, 2019

April 19



Jesus stopped and called them. ”What do you want me to do for you?" he asked.” (Matt 20:32 NIV)

Many young people had gathered for the Bible camp. Eva wasn’t saved when she arrived. She was a class mate of one of the other camp participants. During the first few days she posed many questions during the Bible lessons. One evening we were to have special intercessory prayers; praying for others. The young people had been instructed earlier in the day to give thought to how they would answer, if asked the question: ”What would you like Me to do for you?”, the question Jesus usually posed to people prior to healing them.
The campers came and assembled in a special place for prayer. Eva came, and she wept when I seated myself next to her to pray. I asked her what she wanted Jesus to do for her. Eva swore. She said she was especially angry with God for not revealing Himself to her. ”I want Him to confront me. I don’t want to give my life to an illusion”, she yelled. ”OK”, I answered, God confronts you NOW and asks you: are you saved? -”No”, she replied. Do you want to be saved? -”Yes”. And I led Eva step by step through Romans 10:9 and she was saved. The next day she told of how she was saved, sharing with all the camp participants.

Prayer
Jesus, thank you for having the patience to be confronted. You, who know everything about each one of us, you long for us to be honest and upright. You meet us at the moment when we first dare be honest and truthful; when we admit to ourselves that which is already known by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment