Thursday, May 30, 2019

May 30



”Only hold on to what you have until I come.”
( Revelations 2:25 NIV )

Devotion:
I’m fascinated by streamers. The sort of streamers that hang round the clock in all types of weather. When the wind takes hold, it flutters proudly and unfolds all its colors.On other days, when the wind is still the streamer hangs limply like a rag on the flag pole. Our Christian life resembles that streamer. On some days the Spirit’s wind blows afresh through our lives and we unfold our full potential. Other days, it seems nothing at all happens. In any event, the point with the streamer is that it remains hanging whether the wind blows strong or not at all. As a Christian I have a duty to hold fast to Jesus each day whether He wishes to use me for something significant or I simply ’hang’ along and observe how he uses others. The Bible sometimes uses the word ’hold’ (steadfast). For example in John 8: 31 Jesus says: ”If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." ”Steadfastness” in God’s Word, to read, study and meditate on God’s word is vital, because they are signs of true discipleship.

Prayer:
Jesus, help me today to remain steadfast in You and in Your Word whether You wan to use me to the full or if You simply want me to be still and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment