Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June 12

”My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.” (Psalm 71:15 NIV)

It’s good to read the Psalms, because they mirror so well humanity in its relation to the godly. Today’s’ Bible verse expresses a strong inner direction of the will of David, to constantly - always - witness about God’s faithfulness and help. At the same time insight becomes apparent that we humans can never receive this to the full. I sometimes forget to pray in fact. I forget to turn to God when difficulties come my way. I forget to thank Him when things go well and sometimes I miss the opportunity to witness that God places in my way.
St Francis was particularly practical. When he wandered throughout the Italian countryside, he was struck by the many church towers he saw. He decided for himself that each time he saw a church tower it would be a reminder to seek God’s presence. Therefore, he was able to follow what is written in 1 Chronicles 16:11 and Psalm 105: ”Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.”

Prayer

Thank You that I can always seek Your presence and enter into it. Remind me of this whether it be through church towers I see, or by some other means. As long as it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment