Monday, June 3, 2019

June 3

” Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”
(Psalm 119:105 NIV)

In the early part of my Christian life I longed to enter into the life God had planned for me. But I had a type of premonition that, God would break in to my weekday, lift me up into the skies and transport me someplace and then lower me down into the ideal circumstance called ”God’s will for my life”. I was to learn very soon that God doesn’t act in that manner.
First of all, God’s will begins just where we find ourselves. Secondly, it’s up to us to discern for ourselves the small and major decisions that determine whether we remain in God’s will or depart from it. Thirdly, it’s we personally who step by step must move ourselves into God’s plan.
 Perhaps you have a strong sense that God wants you to be a physician or carpenter, journalist or missionary, and that it’s God’s ”grand” plan for your life. Live your life then in accordance with the light His Word gives you. Honor the impulses that come your way to begin self-development, to make contact with key persons or perhaps learn a new language. The small portion of God’s word that you read each day is a lantern, not a spot light. A lantern lights only a small area of the road; the distance you should walk today.

Prayer

Lord, lead me today in those steps You would want me to walk in order that I enter more and more into the plan You have for my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment