Tuesday, July 9, 2019

July 9



”Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
(Jeremiah 1:5 NIV)

Annie Chapman dedicated one of her books to her husband. She wrote: ”To Steve, my spouse, who causes me to want to be the person he believes me to already be." I often think about that dedication and my own relationship to Jesus. Jesus truly makes me want to be the person that He not only thinks I am but the one He has pre-planned me to be.
In today’s Bible verse we see that God had chosen Jeremiah to be a prophet for his people even before he was born. God had planned Jeremiah’s path, and then He had Jeremiah grow into that role, that God had both pre-planned and prepared. As with Jeremiah we too can believe and experience that ”The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.”(1Thess. 5:24 NIV)

Prayer
Thank You Lord that I can depend on You being ’mighty to carry Your people into that which You have decided’ .Thank You for thinking of, and planning something wonderful for me and for all other people’s lives, and also that You see me as an individual, not simply as a number in a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment