Wednesday, September 18, 2019

September 18



”For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” (John 3:16-17 NIV)

Within the drug and alcohol abuse care community one often heard: ‘There are no hopeless cases.’ It was meant as encouragement for all co-workers who battled the head winds and rarely saw a person become free. Eventually the slogan was changed as someone said: ‘Yes, there are hopeless cases, but none of us know when we are dealing with a hopeless case.’
It’s the same when we seek to share our Christian faith with others. There are certainly many people who will never come to faith, but you and I never know who it concerns.
Early in my Christian life I learned to see all people as potentially saved – the lady in the supermarket could be saved, the man next to me in the train could be saved, my neighbor could be saved. It meant I saw people in a different way, with an expectation that something would also happen in their life.

Prayer
Help me God to protect the active faith that all people can be saved, and that I can participate and share faith with someone today

No comments:

Post a Comment