Monday, October 14, 2019

October 14



"... if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself…" (2 Timothy 2:13 NIV)

Sometimes when you are out on the town one can see very small children, who nonchalantly go off away from their parents. They may have just learned to walk, and enjoy the freedom to move about freely. They are indifferent to and ignorant of all the dangers that lurk. But the parents are watching over them. Sometimes parents let the child run following it from afar making sure it is not in danger. So the parents wait expectantly for the child to discover that they have gone astray and are alone, and then, he or she is there.
My assurance as a Christian rests not in that I will not abandon God. I do that, unfortunately, again and again. No, my assurance rests in that God will never abandon me.

Prayer
Lord thank You for always watching over me. If I in my misunderstanding remove myself from You, yet You are with me there also, waiting for me to return and seek You.

No comments:

Post a Comment