Tuesday, October 15, 2019

October 15



"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14 NIV)

The day had been miserable. A lot of adversity had confronted me. God seemed far away and I was tired. I needed some small change, and went into the nearby shop to ask if I could change a paper note to coins. I was prepared for a rude reception; because of the shop’s location the staff was probably very tired of people coming in, not to shop but to exchange money. When I asked the lady at the counter if I could have some change, she looked at me and said: - "Well - just because it's you then." Suddenly, I felt more worthy and the adversity I had sensed seemed not so hard anymore. Words have the power to create.
God's Word creates. The Bible's first book, speaks of the creative act when “God said... and it became just so”. The Word of God creates that which is good. God saw what He had created and He saw that it was good.
Our words also create. Either they create something positive or something negative. We can be “trapped” by words - both the words that others speak of us, and the words that we ourselves place on our lips. The Bible says that those who cannot control their tongue, who does not have control over what they say, deceive themselves and their piety is worthless (James 1:26).
Let us guard our words and remember that what we say can change another person's being, either for better or for worse.



Prayer
Lord, help me to live so close to you today, that my heart's thoughts might please you, so that what comes out of my mouth is a blessing and not of any harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment