Monday, October 21, 2019

October 21



“Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known." (1 John 3:2 NIV)

I like to think of myself as a child of God. Childhood to me represents building confidence and positive growth. Adulthood represents something more complete, as growth has halted.
Childhood also provides a certain freedom to fail. Someone has said "Please be patient with me, God hasn’t finished with me yet." We thrive on such attitudes, with regard to both ourselves and others who may not always act as we think they should. The name of God - Yahweh – means, "I am", but it is only God ‘Who is’, the rest of us are still 'becoming'.



Prayer
Father in heaven, I thank you for allowing me to be your child, and that you patiently seek to shape me into the person You've planned that I should be. And thanks for allowing me to be who I am, as I continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment