Friday, November 1, 2019

November 1



"If the ax is dull, and one does not sharpen the edge,
then he must use more strength;…”
(Ecclesiastes 10:10 NKJV)

I had three sentences left to write before the article was completed and I could go and prepare dinner. Suddenly the computer ’crashed’, and ceased to function. I rebooted the computer in an attempt to finish the writing, but only managed to write two or three words before the computer died again. The process was repeated several times before I gave myself time to read the message that came up just prior to the computer going to sleep again. It read: ”Windows may have a solution to this problem.” I clicked on the highlighted icon and realized that there were numerous updates to the Word program, which I had neglected to perform. Now, when it had come to a grinding halt, it appeared that it would take several hours to update the computer and get it operational again.
Sometimes there’s a sudden crash in our Christian life. If we fail to perform regular updates over a period of time - what the Holy Pope Benedict called, ‘Return’, the return to Christ - our Christian life will soon have a breakdown. Let us listen to the Holy Spirit’s still warning, when He calls us daily to a conscious return to the fellowship of Jesus.

Prayer
Jesus help me to listen attentively to your voice, and not to ignore your call to the fellowship. Help me to be an "updated" Christian, with ’real’ knowledge of your will for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment