Monday, November 11, 2019

November 11



“I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first. Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling…”
(Revelation 2:19-21 NIV)

In Thyatira the congregation was filled with good deeds, of love, faith, service and perseverance. It was a congregation where the majority lived according to the ‘lesson book’ and was spiritually good.
Yet there was a problem, and it was that they did not deal with the impurities that crept into the church. Jesus had given time for repentance, but he never compromises with His own words, if we humans resist His call to repentance. If the Assembly would continue in their uncleanness, Jesus predicts the disaster that will impact on them all.
But to those who are victorious - those who live clean, and teach others to live pure lives - Jesus promise to give power, the same power that Jesus had. Purity and spiritual power go hand in hand.

Prayer
Jesus, I want to live in purity. Help me not to allow any unclean thing to come into my life. And if I’ve let in anything unclean, thanks for the forgiveness and cleansing power - thanks to Your blood that cleanses from all sin, when I confess my sin to You. Thank You for giving everyone time to turn back. Thank You for providing us a period of grace to live in so that we can confess and receive the new cleansing.

No comments:

Post a Comment