Tuesday, November 12, 2019

November 12



"I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent… " (Revelation 3:1-3 NIV)

What a tragedy! The church in Sardis had a reputation for being alive. But He, who looks through all the facades, knew that there was no life.
That’s also how it can be in many Christian lives today. It looks so nice on the surface. We are always there when things happen in the church; we pray and are active in different ways, but it seems we have forgotten what we heard and received. The Word hasn’t been kept and nothing was done in heeding the warnings that God's word gave. Many have continued only after their own mind and power, and finally they were just a shell, acting out a drama resembling those of a ‘living’ Christian.
The opposite of the false life that doesn’t measure up, is truth and honesty. And God promises that those who together with Jesus triumphs over the false life, are clothed in white robes, a symbol of purity. Their names are included in the book of life, and Jesus Himself is going to use our name and confess before God the Father and all the angels - He's mine, he belongs to me.

Prayer
Jesus, help me to live in truth and honesty today. Help me not to try to appear as a better Christian than I in fact am. Help me to live in openness, and yield to Your Holy Spirit's call in all I think, say and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment