Tuesday, February 26, 2019

February 26



”Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.”  (Hebrews 10:23)

Some time ago I read an article about the annual Swedish book exhibition. It included a summary from a seminary where Göran Skytte’s book ”Omvänd” (Converted) was on the agenda. Göran Skytte is one of the Swedish celebrities who has been converted to the Christian faith recently. Göran Skytte’s book describes his conversion and he told the audience that when it was about to be published he received a lot of advice from people in his circle of acquaintances. Most people advised him to withhold his confession, otherwise he would be declared to be a fool. But Skytte was not afraid of this and he said something like: ”however low you set the standard, there will still be a crowd who believes that you have gone too far”.
I liked that wording, and I felt encouraged to clearly tell the world what God can do in a person’s life if she or he will just let it happen. Even if we are ever so cautious when we give our testimony about Jesus, there will always be some people who are provoked by our confession.

Prayer

Lord help me today to continue to confess my hope in You. Help me to set the standard for my testimony where You want it to be, neither too low nor too high. Only then will my testimony be clear and You will be honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment