Saturday, March 2, 2019

March 2



But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything that I have told you. (John 14:26 NIV)

I had borrowed her overcoat, and then forgotten it in a restaurant. It was never returned to her. I dismissed the incident from my mind and simply forgot about it.
A few years later I became a practicing Christian and received the Holy Spirit into my life. Some time later a unique voice began speaking to my spirit. Only one word was spoken: ’overcoat’. It wasn’t a case of my attempting to uncover covert sins, ones that I ought to confess. It was only a case of a small voice that repeated the word, ”overcoat”, until I understood. I understood that the Lord wanted me to make amends, to settle up. It was time that I contacted the party I had wronged and compensate for the debt. I did so. And, I want to assure you that the inner peace I experienced, subsequent to my confession and settling of the debt, was a peace that passes all understanding.

Prayer

Thank you Lord for the constant reminder given by your Holy Spirit of what your perfect will is for my life. Make me conscious of your voice and help me always to do Your will.


No comments:

Post a Comment