Friday, March 22, 2019

March 22



”Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.” (2 Cor. 1:3)

To comfort is one of the most important responsibilities of a parent. Concurrently, it’s one of the most difficult because it deals with providing balm to the child, whether of a physical or psychological nature. To provide physical balm is not easy, even if a comforting word and caressing hand can sometimes soothe the pain. However, to soothe an inner pain is often much more difficult. It isn’t always evident from the child’s exterior that they have suffered internally. Someone has perhaps said a cruel word or the child has been excluded from an activity they wished to be a part of. How does one bring comfort then, when one might not even be aware of the pain?
God, my Father is He alone who can be a balm in all situations: when I stumble and injure myself, when I fail in the trials that come my way, at work or in my relationships. When I come to Him with my pain, He shows me how to put it all right again. He shows me how to carry on. He stands with me when I lose face. And, He never downplays the pain I experience. He is an all-comforting God!


Prayer
Thank you for allowing me to come to You my heavenly Father with all my pain. Thank You, You who are all-knowing for never abandoning me, for remaining at my side and guiding my steps out of the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment