Tuesday, March 5, 2019

March 5



“We have thought on your steadfast love, O God…As your name, O God, so your praise reaches to the ends of the earth…that this is God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever”
(Psalm 48: 9-14 ESV)

There’s a wonderful comfort in simply uttering the word: “He will guide us”. My perspective is very insular. I never know what awaits me around the corner. If I were left to my own decisions, and didn’t know that He has promised to guide me, I’d be afraid to take a single step. However, knowing that He, Whose hand is filled with righteousness guides me, I dare to cast myself into the unknown. I’m willing to take risks because I know He is there and steers my path. I dare venture out on His promises because "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)
Perhaps you have a sense of dread about the future. Or perhaps you’ve landed in difficulties with no end in sight. Simply repeat the words silently to yourself, ’He will guide me’, over and over, and you’ll sense a release allowing you to step out, to take steps you never thought possible. And God will bless your faith.

Prayer
Where’re the path may lead, guide me, dear Lord,
You know what roads are best for me.
Let me follow Thee, wanting Thy will to see,
Willingly, joyfully seeking Your perfect will.
                                                                                       (O Th Moe)

No comments:

Post a Comment