Monday, April 1, 2019

April 1



” May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14 NIV)

Many years ago we contemplated how to formulate personal ”mission statements”, a sort of self–declaration about who we wanted to be, how did our life’s assignments line up, and how we thought God wanted us to live our lives.
My ”mission statement”, that emerged sometime in 1988, after much prayer and reflection, is still valid subsequent to the more than twenty years that have passed since then. It has been very helpful in the many situations where I have had to prioritize between important assignments and make meaningful choices. It reads like this: 


-       I have determined to follow Jesus. I have decided to depend  on Him more than on my own understanding (Whatever Lord!)

-       I want to be a resource in God’s Kingdom assisting and reclaiming people in my ’world’

-       I want to use those gifts He has given me of creativity, perceptiveness, and enthusiasm in service for Him when and as He wills.

Prayer
Lord, I pray that all I say and that which I think today shall be pleasing to You. Help my resolve to stand firm in following You and to depend more on You than my own understanding. Help me to be a resource in Your Kingdom, where I live my life today and to use the gifts You gave me, when and as You will.

No comments:

Post a Comment