Sunday, March 31, 2019

March 31



“For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him”. (2 Chronicles.16:9 NIV)


To commit oneself to something means, according to the National Encyclopedia ”To intensely engage oneself to…”.  Who then is it God promises to help in today’s Bible reading? Yes, it is those who intensely engage themselves to the Lord and His ”thing”. God doesn’t like that which is half-hearted and lukewarm. He wants to have your and my full attention. Otherwise, let it go…
I sometimes have the privilege of standing in front of large groups and speak. When I look out over those assembled, I can often see which of the participants are keeping up with my notes and which have ”lost the plot”. Naturally, I aim my message at those who are still with me. And, I often notice then that more and more people begin to listen more closely.
Today’s verse tells us that God’s eyes search over the whole earth as He seeks committed persons. And, when He finds an engaged person committed to God’s work He pours in all His power to help them.

Prayer
Today Lord, help me to be a person who gives myself fully to You and the concerns of Your Kingdom. Thank You for wanting to equip me with Your power.

No comments:

Post a Comment