Tuesday, April 23, 2019

April 23



”For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
(John 3:16 NIV)

She sat chewing gum while listening to the Bible teaching. Her feet were placed high on the back rest on the chair in front of her. The youth conference had been underway a few days and now I was teaching about how one can be saved. I spoke about the two conditions written about in Romans 10:9 by which one is saved. One must believe that Jesus lives, and in addition one must be willing to acknowledge Him as Lord in one’s life, that is to say, be willing to let Him decide over me.
Suddenly she raised her voice and said: ”yeah, but it’s not that easy”. I countered with ”yes, it’s that simple”. She looked at me doubtfully and I completed the lesson.
In the final service of the conference a few days later we had an invitation for those who wanted to come forward and be saved. My joy was immense when I saw her make her way straight between all the young people to the front and experience the wonder in her own life. There and then she experienced salvation.

Prayer
Lord, you want to have fellowship with everyone. None are unimportant to You. You died in order that all people could be saved if they only responded. Help me live today so that at least one person longs to know You.

No comments:

Post a Comment