Sunday, April 28, 2019

April 28



”For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is”
(1 Corinthians 3:11-13 NIV)

I strolled through the forest glen enthralled by the burst of color. Countless spring flowers lit up the earth in front of me along the path. As I came nearer, I discovered that many of the most bursting colorful bits in front were candy wrappers and litter that someone had thrown and not at all the wonderful scented flowers.
Sometimes we meet people who seem to be bursting of life, but when we get to know them better, we understand that their enthusiasm is not authentic. They are like colorful candy wrappers, without aroma and without a real life, and they easily fall apart when they meet opposition. In 1 Peter we read that there are tests on various kinds which we face in order to prove what is genuine in our faith. (1 Peter 1:7). The manner in which we face our opposition is a test of our spiritual status.

Prayer
Lord, I reach up to You today and pray that You will be the foundation in all I undertake. I pray that the people who will meet me will recognize the living aroma of You. If I today should meet difficulties, help me to remember that it is in opposition that authenticity in my faith is tested.


No comments:

Post a Comment