Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April 30



”Do not be dismayed by them… behold, I make you this day a fortified city, an iron pillar, and bronze walls, against the whole land…They will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, declares the Lord, to deliver you”  (Jeremiah 1:17-19)


Jeremiah was chosen by God. He had received a holy assignment - to be a prophet for the people (Jer 1:5). But Jeremiah was afraid. He was not well spoken and considered himself too young. However, God continued to speak to him regardless of his reservations. God encouraged him and said, ”go where I send you and say that which I give you to speak” (v. 7).
Then it is as though God takes him in His lap and says: ”Don’t let them frighten you, because I am with you and I will deliver you” (v.8).
In ourselves we have very little to fend off the enormous powers that battle against the Word. But God Himself will move our mouths and equip us for the assignments He gives us.

Prayer
I ask You Lord for courage to speak that which you wish me to speak and to act as You would wish. It makes no difference whether the assignment is large or small, or whether it results in small or large longsighted consequences. You promise to be present and therefore I need not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment