Wednesday, May 1, 2019

May 1



”Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassions on you.”
(Isaiah 54:10 NIV)

In the book of Isaiah there are many prophets who point to the advent and Jesus’ coming as the savior for His people. As a Christian one can find many promises here that concern God’s faithfulness. God describes His nature. Powerful words are used. He, who loves you, promises loyalty and an unbreakable pact that will stand fast against the most destructive acts one can encounter. Whatever might occur, God’s promises will stay firm.
Nonetheless, it often happens that when opposition faces us, we assume God has forsaken us. But it may not be so threatening that we lose our hold, as long as God remains firm. Someone said, ”It’s better to be unsteady on firm ground, rather than steady on shaky ground”, and certainly it’s more advantageous in life to place trust in something that stands firm, even if one sometimes doubts, than to cockily assume infallibility simply due one’s material comfort.

Prayer
Lord your promises to me remain firm. You are there for me, every time I turn to you. If I fail You still remain firm, because You love me. Help me to learn from You in order that I can mirror You and demonstrate to others the same faithfulness that You have shown me.

No comments:

Post a Comment