Monday, June 10, 2019

June 10

”Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.” (Isaiah 1:18-19 NIV)


There was a time when it was expensive to take photographs and very few mastered the art of taking good photos. However, the digital camera simplified photography and now all can take pictures. If you miss the head or a foot on the object it’s not a catastrophe. You can always take a new picture. The advantage with a new technique is that as ’the object’ one doesn’t always have time to fix one’s image and appearance before the photo is snapped. A few pictures are consequently less than complimentary. However, such a still photo reflects the truth.
I sometimes wonder what would happen if someone took a still photo of my heart. How does it look in there in the unguarded moment, when I haven’t had time to correct my image? How would reality look if someone should photograph the situation exactly as it is? Would one see the heart filled with bitterness, grudge, lust or envy? Or would one see a heart that is clean? – a ’disciple’s heart’? – A heart that at any cost wants to follow Jesus? And a heart that burns for God’s sake? What would the picture reveal?

Prayer

Jesus, I want to live openly in Your presence. I want to live so that nothing need be hidden or kept from You. Thank You that You know me so well that I don’t have to fear that something should be revealed that You don’t already know. And thank You that if You should find some sin in my heart You can cleanse me in a constant ’now’, so that I can be that which You want me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment