Sunday, June 9, 2019

June 9

”… in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.” (Romans 7:22-23 NIV)

The Bible doesn’t deny that sin has the power to make me its prisoner. John C. Maxwell says in one of his books;

- Sin always takes you further than you thought or wished to go
- Sin holds you fast longer than you had thought or wished to remain
- Sin cost you more than you had thought or wished to pay

Yes, sins power is enormous and none of us can in our own power avoid the destructive influence in our life. No person falls in sinful circumstances without first having passed through a number of warning markers signaling that we are on the wrong road. The strongest protection against fastening in sin’s grip is to actively live in close fellowship with God, to make it a habit to consciously seek His presence several times a day; at morning light, during the morning coffee break, at lunchtime etc., throughout the day.

Prayer

Jesus, I want to live near You today. Remind me that You want to confirm certain times with me that we should meet. Help me to put as much weight on my meetings with You, as I do when I make plans to meet others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment